The Cryptody Programme
Launched in mid 2015, this programme had the objective to provide a post-trade infrastructure to alternative finance. And it rapidly proves that the model proposed is viable for other assets and Cryptody was envisaged also by individual actors of the investment funds distribution business as well as regional player willing to challenge the current equity post-trade model. One of the particularities of the programme is that Cryptody does not rely on crypto-currencies and uses fiat money -as most assets are denominated in euros, pounds, dollar,...
The first step of the programme was to think about the evolution of the market model in the case of the adoption of a blockchain / or DLT technology. Started end of 2014 it really focused on:
- Capital Market model and its organization
- Representation of existing assets on the Blockchain
- How investors could interact with issues / fund manager
- Role of intermediaries
- Potential new players
Presented during spring 2016 a first prototype was built using some of the concepts. Main objective was really to trigger discussions and give ideas of how processes can evolve adopting a data centric market model, instead of a linear model with data flying from actor to actor.
The prototype contains the following features:
- Issue of certificates of ownership (representing real assets on Blockchain)
- Display of shareholding registry
- Payment of dividends using fiat money (SEPA)
Towards an MVP with an advisory board
2018 will be the year of the Cryptody MVP. To ensure the correctness of the MVP scope, Finoryx has decided to set up an advisory board composed of key client representative and visionaries in alternative finance. The advisory board is composed of representative from our two largest clients as well as the CEO of an alternative finance platform.
The main improvements of the MVP will be:
- implementation of the data-centric model using an existing managed Blockchain
- Development of an API layer on top of the Blockchain
- Usage of decentralised storage
- Enhancement of the back office workstation
- And in a later stage, creation of a secondary market for digitalised crowdfunding notes
Why Finoryx ?
- Our objective is "Value Creation"
- We keep the focus on processes, not on technology!
- You can benefit from the agility of a startup combined with solid experience of consultants.
- We want to work in a mutually beneficial partnership
- And we have real experience in implementing Blockchain solutions
Credits: HTML5 UP